Jackie & Joe in Europe

Monday, October 31, 2005


Happy Halloween Everyone!!

I am of course still working on getting our website up to date (only one week behind at this point...) After our week with our first visitors, we decided to take the week pretty slow - so not much news to report. Joe is still busy with work during the week and readily hops into travel on the weekends. Besides the researching for our weekend travels, I continue to improve on my domestic skills of cooking. It has been fun since the ingredients here are pretty different from what we are used to in the states. A lot of my recipes have been useless as I was not able to find the ingredients in the markets or stores. I did get a great gift of measuring cups from Robyn and Steve, which has helped greatly since the metric system holds strongly out here I had to estimate using my milliliter measuring cups! I also found a store which has a section kind of like the ethnic sections in US grocers, but it had a lot of the ingredients that I have been searching for like: taco seasoning and tortilla shells and baking ingredients like baking soda, molasses, and crisco! To celebrate I made some ginger snaps and tacos, which turned out just like at home!

Well, fall has officially hit in Europe and for the weekend we decided to enjoy the fall weather. We hopped a two hour train to Luxembourg City and took a bus to the outskirts of the Luxembourg country side. There are (of course) plenty of photos of our hikes and travels. To take these photos a lot of energy was required and followed with plenty of soreness, so we hope you enjoy!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=d3mrqfc.ms1f3ko&Uy=r7bsf0&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

Thanks again for visiting and we hope to hear from you when you get a chance!
Happy Halloween!

Jackie and Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home